Would you love to join the team here at g&g?
We are looking for a new Customer Support and Stock Room Supervisor to join our growing team here at Guthrie & Ghani in Moseley, Birmingham.
This is a full time (37.5 hours – 5 days a week) permanent position, subject to a probationary period. Salary will be dependant on skill level and past experience.
About the Job
We are looking for a new team member to work behind the scenes monitoring and maintaining organisation in the stock room, maintaining the website and in a customer support role, deal with customer orders and workshop administration.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Manage the stock room and receive deliveries
- Deal with customer enquires via email and phone
- List products online and maintain the website including SEO
- Data entry into business databases
- Schedule and plan workshop dates
- Deal with workshop bookings and cancellations
- Package and post online orders
- Maintain excellent communication skills with customers and other members of staff
- We’ll expect you to be friendly, helpful and professional at all times. You should be enthusiastic and take pride and responsibility in the work that you do.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are vital. You will be expected to be very hard-working, organised, show initiative and deal with multiple tasks at the same time.
- You will have past experience working in an administrative role at a supervisory or assistant managerial level.
- You will have experience of working in sales or customer service in any sector.
- You must also be able to demonstrate excellent computer skills including word processing and Excel spread sheets on Apple Macs.
- Product knowledge is key and we would expect you to have a good level of background knowledge of dressmaking, sewing, haberdashery, yarn related hobbies and fabric.
- You must be able to describe the stock that we sell, as part of your role will be to write descriptive copy for listing products online. You must be enthusiastic, motivated and show initiative to further increase your knowledge about our product range as it changes and develops over time.
- Experience of using Photoshop or photo editing software
- Photography skills
- Experience using website software
- Social Media Skills
How to apply
Please email the following to email@example.com
- A covering letter explaining how you fulfil the essential requirements of the job and why you want to work with us
- Your CV detailing any relevant experience
- Contact details for two references
The closing date for submissions will be Friday 4th September.
If you have been selected to come for an interview we will contact you within two weeks after that date. As we won’t be able to respond to all applicants, if you have not heard from us within this time unfortunately you haven’t been successful on this occasion.